KLEX 2016: SPARK
Festival Dates: late November, 2016
Deadline: 30 May, 2016 (online & postmarked)
KLEX: Kuala Lumpur Experimental Film, Video & Music Festival is a project dedicated to showcase independent and innovative short films, videos and improvised music. The festival celebrates and focuses on works with an experimental interest that challenge conventional cinematic and musical experience.
KLEX 2016 accepts entries of cinematic works (film/video) completed after 1 January, 2014. We accept only DVD or online file transfer previews for submission. Please make a special request if you would like to screen your work in any other format.
*The music programme of KLEX is by invitation only. Please do NOT submit your musical work.
Materials for Submission:
• (1) A Preview DVD (please also include a video data file in MP4, MOV or AVI on a separate disc)
(2) Online Submission: Submit with the following file formats only: MP4, MOV and AVI. No other formats will be accepted. If you send us a link, please make sure that we can download the video via cloud platforms. The curatorial committee will NOT view works that require online streaming. Please send to: email@example.com
• A Completed Entry Form. Download here:
• A Brief Work’s Description (max 150 words) and A Brief Biography (max 150 words): Please create a separate WORD document for this information. Do NOT include it in your email message.
• 2 Still Images from the submitted work.
* The festival favors films lasting less than 20 minutes. Nevertheless, exceptions may be made under certain conditions.
If you are submitting more than one work, you may have all works compiled into a single DVD, but please provide separate entry forms and details for each work. You can submit up to 2 pieces of work only. Due to the large number of submissions, we will not return preview DVDs and other material. There is no entry fee.
Notification for Submitted Works:
A curatorial team will make decisions for programming. Entrants will be notified via email by 1 September, 2016. Please note that the decision of the curatorial committee will be final. For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification for Selected Works:
Your screening copy and additional material must arrive at our office or via online by 10 September, 2016. Due to limited funding, the festival is unable to pay screening fees and artist fees for the selected works. All selected artists will receive a complimentary copy of the festival booklet. The festival will not accept responsibility for any damages or loss of your works while in transit. Upon selection, KLEX has the right to show brief segments (up to 60 seconds) of your film or video for promotional purposes.
Please Mail Your Submission to:
3, Jalan Waras 3, Taman Connaught, Cheras, 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.